Wednesday, May 5, 2010


It is so hard to know where to start and stop with this blog. I am totally new at this, so please bear with me. Mason and I have so many new experiences on a day to day basis that I will have to bounce back and forth on the background. I want you all to know the "real" story so to speak. Some days it will make you laugh out loud, other days it might make you cry. Either way, this is such a good way for me to get my feelings out , and if it can help just one person it will be so worth it. Hang in there, this will be an incredible journey for us.

As I stated many a time, Mason is a happy, funny, and very loveable little guy. He has a milloion dollar smile and an incredible laugh that is infectious in nature. How could it by my son ? When I first thought of Autism, my vision was of a child sitting alone in a corner rocking and totally un-communicative. That is not my son by any means. I was totally unaware and uneducated on Autism. The Autism Spectrum is so broad now. You will probably learn as I do.

Right now as I type, Mason is still asleep. I like to call this time "The Calm Before The Storm". We never know what joy or challenges each day will bring. This morning Mason has his Speech and Occupational Therapy. We grasp at the new sounds or a bit more eye contact. The feeling is amazing when you get it. You ride the highest cloud and you can fall to the lowest pit so easily. We are learning to grasp those moments . They are so precious to us. One step and one day at a time.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE his laugh. It truly is infectious as Konner and I started giggling too while listening/watching your clip.

    ReplyDelete